There’s a ton of businesses out there that provide their potential clients a “Free Estimate” or “Free Quote” in order to earn that clients business. These types of services put the client in a powerful position and gives them much variety on who to use for their services BEFORE they buy! It’s a good thing as a consumer to get out there and get as many quotes as you feel comfortable with before you plan to use these services in your home or business. Sometimes these free estimates may be too high or too low. Some “Inflated” estimates are just that, “Inflated” and low estimates may just be too good to be true when you get the invoice for added expenses that weren’t included in that price once the project is finished. So how do you know which estimate to use?
Being in the home renovation industry, I can tell you my clients do get free estimates yes, but estimates in reality are not really free. My time is money but I am willing to invest and educate myself and my clients with what is to be involved in their project to the best of my ability, and to better build a trusting relationship and to give them the best price for them. From, my experience these are the concerns and direction as to what’s involved in my Free Estimates;
– Booking the time to meet a client
– Going to their home or business involves gas, time and kilometers on vehicle
– Spending as much time together with a client during personal one consultation
– Understanding, Communicating and recording what exactly what the client needs and expectations are
– Assessing the project to be done. Example- Bathroom renovation: Any water damage, mold, or structural issues with floor, walls, etc. issues that can be seen externally?
– Sometimes, a room looks great on the outside but once you start pulling tiles off to be replaced, there more issues that you find that you didn’t even know existed which extends your budget, time and scope of the project
– Going out and finding what materials are going to cost and doing your research at the best price for your customer
– Figuring out a date when project is to begin and to be completed by.
– Creating a contract between client and business
And the list goes on and on. So as you can see. From a business prospective, a Free Estimate for us as a business is not really free but again it’s the cost of doing business and great for your potential client and it shows that your honest, experienced, knowledgeable, organized and have a mutual understanding between you and your client as far as what is to be involved into to project from start to finish.
For more information or to post a comment : please visit our links below:
Website – http://www.donofalltrades.ca/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/donofalltrades.info
Twitter – https://twitter.com/donofalltrade
LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/in/donofalltrades